Microsoft has just begun to roll out Windows 10 to the masses and while many people will be waiting for the notification to upgrade through Windows Update, many other people will be looking to perform a clean install of Windows 10. Luckily, you won’t have to wait any longer, as Microsoft has just made available for download the ISO files for the final version of Windows 10.
If you want perform a clean install of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro. You can download the bits directly from the Microsoft servers instead.
The download process is straightforward, but before you begin you want to make sure of the following:
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media.
- If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). For more information about product keys and when they are required, visit the FAQ page.
Use the media creation tool to download Windows. This tool provides the best download experience for customers running Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. To learn how to use the tool, go to the Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool page. Tool includes:
- File formats optimized for download speed.
- Built in media creation options for USBs and DVDs.
- Optional conversion to ISO file format.
Once you click the Download Tool Now, you’ll be able to download Windows 10 Home or Pro on any of the languages available and on both 32- and 64-bits.